- 40 g Butter, 2-3cm cubes
- 40 g plain flour
- 500 g Pan Juices, top up with water to the 500g (see tips)
- 1 tablespoons beef stock paste
- 1/2 teaspoons vegemite, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 3 min/100 deg/Speed 1
- Add flour and cook for 3 min/100 deg/speed 1
- Add pan juices and increase quantity to 500g with plain water, or water used to steam/boil/cook vegetables etc.
- Add beef stock paste and vegemite if using. Cook for 6 min/90 deg/speed 4.
- Serve immediately or use as needed.
Gravy using Pan Juices and cooking water
This is how I was taught from my mum and grandma to make homemade gravy.
To enhance flavours I use water to top up my pan juices that I have used to boil/steam veges in the thermomix or on the stove, or that I have used to steam the meat that I am serving with the Gravy.
Vegemite is optional, but I find it just gives it that little bit more flavour.
Suitable for TM31 use as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Churros - Gluten free
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls