- 2 large tomatoes quartered
- 2 large red capsicums quartered
- 2 large onions quartered
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored & quartered
- 400 grams Tin crushed tomatoes
- 200 grams brown or apple cider vinegar
- 250 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 2 small red chillies
- 40 grams fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon heaped curry powdered
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons cayeene pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1 teaspoon cummin powder
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons cornflour mixed with a little water to form a smooth paste
- 30 grams Rice Bran Oil
1h 20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onions, chillies and ginger. Chop speed 7 for 3 seconds, scrape down sides of the bowl, repeat if necessary. Cook 3 minutes, 100 deg C, speed 1.
-Add tomatoes, capsicum and apples, chop speed 5, 3-5 secs, scraped down sides of bowl, repeat if necessary.
- Add remainder of ingredients except the cornflour mixture, cook 100 deg C, for 1 hour without MC. Place simmering basket on lid to prevent bumbling mixture from splashing.
- Add cornflour mixture and cook a further 10 minutes, 100 deg C, speed 1.
- Bottle into sterilised jars and seal.
Tomatoes when plentiful and ripe can be frozen and defrosted when needed. Once defrosted the skin splits and peels easily off, perfect for cooking.
This relish is delicious served with cooked meats and on sandwiches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Guilt free Hollandaise Sauce
- Apricot jam (made with maple syrup)
- Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Vol au Vents
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Caramelised onion and beetroot relish
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Basil Pesto
- Apple and sage sauce
- Caitys chutney
- Wicked Chocolate Brownies
- Almond and Lemon Bliss Balls
- Beef & Pork Burger Patties
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice