- 200 g red onion- peeled and quartered
- 1000 g ripe tomatoes
- 250 g tart apples-, peeled, cored & chopped into quarters
- 300 g raw sugar
- 200 g apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 100 g sultanas
- 2 teaspoons salt
8Recipe is created for
To "peel" the tomatoes:
Score the base of each tomato with a cross.
Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, and leave for 5 minutes.
Skins should easily peel away from the cross at the base. Chop the peeled tomatoes into quarters.
Place red onion and apple into bowl and chop for 5 seconds, Speed 6. Set aside.
Place tomatoes in bowl, chop for 5 seconds, Speed 5.
Add all other ingredients, including the apple and onion, and mix for 3 seconds, Reverse, Speed 4.
Remove MC and place basket on top to prevent splashes.
Cook for 60 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
Increase temperature to Varoma, and cook for another 20 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
Test the consistency of the chutney by spooning a tablespoon of it onto a dish, then place it in the fridge for 5 minutes. If it's still too runny, keep cooking at Varoma for 5-10 minutes and check again.
Place into sterilsed jars.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Creamy Satay Chicken Risotto
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Banana fritters
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Alice's Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Pork and Mushroom Linguine
- Garlic and honey sandwich pickles