- 1 level teaspoons Garlic powder
- 100 g raw cashews
- 20 g Nutritional Savoury Yeast Flakes, (from health food shops)
- 400 g coconut milk, (any vegan | dairy free milk is ok)
- 1.5 tablespoons cornflour, Extra for thicker finish
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil, (any oil is ok)
- .5-1 piece fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon TMX veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight; discard water before starting
Put cashews in the bowl. Wizz up for 7 seconds / speed 7.
Add all of the other ingredients to the bowl.
Cook for 7 minutes / 90C / speed 4.
Once finished cooking, blend 1 min / speed 5 and increasing to speed 9 for a smooth finish
*You can cook some pasta and pour over to make mac n cheese.
*You can also add bread crumbs pop it in the oven to make a 'bake'
*If you make the sauce thicker you can use it as a topping for nachos or pizza
*I make a double batch and store it in jars in the fridge for the week ahead.
*If you water a stronger flavour, I've found a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar towards the end of cooking and an extra scoop of garlic powder work very well
Vegan | Dairy Free Cheese Sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream filling.
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Kel's Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup