- 1 --- brown onion, peeled & quartered
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- 150 g celery stalks, chopped
- 3 --- carrots, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 450 g cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 500 g liquid vegetable stock
- 30 g savoury yeast flakes
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, black, ground
- 250 g wild rice, cooked
- Chop onion and garlic 5 seconds / sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil & butter. Cook 3 min / sp 1 / 100°C.
- Add cauliflower to bowl. If you are struggling to fit it in, give a few turbo bursts to chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Cook 5-6 min / sp 1 / 100°C or until cauliflower is lightly golden. This step is important to ensure a flavoursome soup.
- Add carrot and celery. If it looks like its not going to all fit in, give a few turbo bursts after adding some of the carrot & celery. Slowly add the stock, then herbs and about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook 20 min / sp 1 / 100°C
- Remove about 1/3 of the soup and set aside. Add savoury yeast flakes to the bowl with the remaining soup. Blend 1 min / sp 4-9 increasing speed slowly. Return non-blended soup to bowl. Add cooked wild rice. Stir 30 sec / / sp 1. Serve garnished with chopped spring onion or chives.
- For a non-vegetarian version, you can replace the savoury yeast flakes with grated parmesan cheese. And replace the vegetable stock with chicken stock, and add some crispy, fried bacon on top when serving.
Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
Savoury yeast flakes is also known as Nutritional Yeast. It is available from health food stores, or in the health food aisle of most large supermarkets. Nutritional yeast is high in B vitamins like thiamine, folate, B6, niacin magnesium, copper and manganese and is a good source of dietary fibre. It is also high in protein, containing 8-10g per two tablespoons, and it’s also a complete protein and can contribute to your daily protein requirements.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free
- Mash and steamed veg
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE