- 1 --- brown onion, peeled & quartered
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- 150 g celery stalks, chopped
- 3 --- carrots, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 450 g cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 500 g liquid vegetable stock
- 30 g savoury yeast flakes
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, black, ground
- 250 g wild rice, cooked
- Chop onion and garlic 5 seconds / sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil & butter. Cook 3 min / sp 1 / 100°C.
- Add cauliflower to bowl. If you are struggling to fit it in, give a few turbo bursts to chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Cook 5-6 min / sp 1 / 100°C or until cauliflower is lightly golden. This step is important to ensure a flavoursome soup.
- Add carrot and celery. If it looks like its not going to all fit in, give a few turbo bursts after adding some of the carrot & celery. Slowly add the stock, then herbs and about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook 20 min / sp 1 / 100°C
- Remove about 1/3 of the soup and set aside. Add savoury yeast flakes to the bowl with the remaining soup. Blend 1 min / sp 4-9 increasing speed slowly. Return non-blended soup to bowl. Add cooked wild rice. Stir 30 sec / / sp 1. Serve garnished with chopped spring onion or chives.
- For a non-vegetarian version, you can replace the savoury yeast flakes with grated parmesan cheese. And replace the vegetable stock with chicken stock, and add some crispy, fried bacon on top when serving.
Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
Savoury yeast flakes is also known as Nutritional Yeast. It is available from health food stores, or in the health food aisle of most large supermarkets. Nutritional yeast is high in B vitamins like thiamine, folate, B6, niacin magnesium, copper and manganese and is a good source of dietary fibre. It is also high in protein, containing 8-10g per two tablespoons, and it’s also a complete protein and can contribute to your daily protein requirements.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)