- 1 --- brown onion, peeled & quartered
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- 150 g celery stalks, chopped
- 3 --- carrots, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 450 g cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 500 g liquid vegetable stock
- 30 g savoury yeast flakes
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, black, ground
- 250 g wild rice, cooked
- Chop onion and garlic 5 seconds / sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil & butter. Cook 3 min / sp 1 / 100°C.
- Add cauliflower to bowl. If you are struggling to fit it in, give a few turbo bursts to chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Cook 5-6 min / sp 1 / 100°C or until cauliflower is lightly golden. This step is important to ensure a flavoursome soup.
- Add carrot and celery. If it looks like its not going to all fit in, give a few turbo bursts after adding some of the carrot & celery. Slowly add the stock, then herbs and about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook 20 min / sp 1 / 100°C
- Remove about 1/3 of the soup and set aside. Add savoury yeast flakes to the bowl with the remaining soup. Blend 1 min / sp 4-9 increasing speed slowly. Return non-blended soup to bowl. Add cooked wild rice. Stir 30 sec / / sp 1. Serve garnished with chopped spring onion or chives.
- For a non-vegetarian version, you can replace the savoury yeast flakes with grated parmesan cheese. And replace the vegetable stock with chicken stock, and add some crispy, fried bacon on top when serving.
Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
Savoury yeast flakes is also known as Nutritional Yeast. It is available from health food stores, or in the health food aisle of most large supermarkets. Nutritional yeast is high in B vitamins like thiamine, folate, B6, niacin magnesium, copper and manganese and is a good source of dietary fibre. It is also high in protein, containing 8-10g per two tablespoons, and it’s also a complete protein and can contribute to your daily protein requirements.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Beef Burger Patties
- Paleo/keto Cajun chicken snitty & slaw
- Pizza dough
- Warm leek and cashew dip
- David's Dhall
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian