- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 Potatoes, medium, quartered
- 1 Brown onion, large (or 2 small), quartered
- 2 heaped tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate (chicken or vegetable, optional)
- 1.5 litre water (6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black or white pepper
- 70 grams Thickened cream or sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon Juiced
1. Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of miing bowl with spatula.
2. Add 1 tbsp butter or oil and saute 3 min/120C/speed 1.
3. Add artichokes and potato and chop 15sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4. Add water (to taste) and vegetable stock paste and cook 25min/100C/speed 1
5. Add lemon juice and cream, blend 1 min/ speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually
6. season to taste with salt and pepper
Serve with fresh crusty bread on the side
Variation- serve with lemony mushrooms, saute mushrooms in butter and lemon juice. Cook until dark around the edges and liquid evapourated. Sprinkle with mushrooms on top just before serving
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Roasted capsicum & jalapeno hummus (low salt)
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets