- 1 onion, halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 3 sticks Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- vegetables from the fridge: eg Pumpkin, brocolli, zucchini, whatever you have, roughly chopped
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 heaped tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- water to cover
Chop onion for 3 seconds on Speed 7. Scrape down the sides, add olive oil and saute for 2 minutes 30 seconds at Varoma Temp, Speed 1.
Add vegetables, lentils, stock and water to cover.
Cook for 20 minutes, 100 Deg, Speed 1.
Blend for 1 minute, slowly going up to Speed 9.
Add cracked pepper, herbs, sour cream or whatever you like to taste.
This is a quick and easy recipe to use up what is in the fridge.
Accessories you need
Add dried or fresh herbs and spices to taste. Great to freeze.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup