- 2 pieces onion, cut in half
- 1 piece Cabanossi or ham, leave out for vegetarian version
- 30 g Olive Oil or Butter
- 350 g Sauerkraut
- 2 pieces tomato, cut in quarters
- 150 g Potatos, already cooked, or raw and cut very small
- 2 tablespoon vegetable stock, or equiv. cubes
- 100 g sour cream
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs parsley, for garnish
• Add onions, sausage (or ham ) into the mixing bowl. Chop for 2 seconds on speed 5
• Scrape down sides, add oil or butter and sauté 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 1
• Add sauerkraut, tomatoes, potatoes and stock paste enter into mixing bowl. Fill Bowl up to 1.5 liter mark with water. Cook 20 minutes, at 100°, speed 2 (check in-between whether there is enough liquid available – only top up if necessary).
• Add sour cream, season to taste with pepper & salt
• You can serve the soup as it is or if you prefer it finer than chop it. Start at speed 4 and go slowly until level 8. Check after 2-3 seconds. Continue until you got the desired consistency.
• Garnish with Parsley
Accessories you need
You can use leave the sour cream out and just add at a bit before serving with parsley for presentation and taste.
Also leave the ham/cabanossi out for vegetarian version. Fry quickly in frying pan and add it for those who want it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- All Green Stock Powder