- 100 g Margarine or butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g flour
- 1 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinches salt
- 2-3 heaped teaspoons cacao powder, raw
- 1 level tbsp sparkling water
- 1 level tbsp Rum
- 20 g chocolate chips, White , milk or dark
- 10 g Butter or Margarine, More if desired
- 20 g Bread crumbs or semolina, I prefer semolina
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Add the margarine, sugar and vanilla sugar into
2. Insert butterfly and add eggs and 1min/speed 3. MC on.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt into and 1min/speed 3. MC on. Then take out butterfly.
4. Prepare the baking dish/form (16cm) by brushing the butter or margarine all around inside, then cover with bread crumbs or semolina. So the dish is evenly covered.
5. With a small spoon or spatula take out 2/3 of dough and spread evenly into baking dish.
6. Add the cacao, rum and sparkling water (and choc chips if you like, for extra flavour) to the remaining dough in the and 30sec/ speed 3. MC on.
7. Add the cacao dough on top of the vanilla dough.
8. Now you can take a small fork and slightly, spirally mix the two doughs. To get the marble effect.
9. At the end I sprinkle white chocolate chips on to the dough and shake the dish slightly, for the chips to merge into the dough.
Please note, the dish may look half empty but the dough will rise. and 1 min / speed 3. MC on. Scrape down sides
- 1. Now cover the dish with cling wrap. This is very important otherwise all the steamed water will drip onto the dough.
2. Add 1.5 l of water into the rinsed .
3. Place dish into varoma, add the lid and place onto TM.
4. Bake/steam for 60min/Varoma/Speed 2.
5. Take the dish out of the Varoma, let cool slightly then take the cake out of the baking dish, to cool fully.
For the dough
Accessories you need
You can vary this recipe to your taste.
Add more cacao. But not too much, as it will become too bitter. Add more sugar and milk to prevent.
Add choc chips in both doughs.
Leave out the rum or add a little more.
Add a layer of cinnamon/ butter/sugar mix ( like in cinnamon scrolls) in between layers. (YUM)
Use GF flour
This recipe is translated from the German Original from Selfmademan. I've just amended it slightly to my personal liking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Chocolate Peanut butter slice
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Plum Crumble Cake
- Golden Syrup Biscuits
- Choco-caramel slice
- Date and Walnut Loaf
- Variation South African Buttermilk Rusks
- Nutrient boosted banana bread