- 230 grams SR flour
- 60 grams Butter, chilled
- 110 grams buttermilk
- pinch salt
- 6 sprigs fresh continental parsley, leaves only
- 2 brown onions, halved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 grams olive oil
- 400 grams Beef Chuck Steak, 3 cm pieces
- 350 grams water
- 2 tablespoons TM stock concentrate
- 2 --- carrots, sliced into rounds
- 150 grams green capsicum, sliced or diced
- 1/2 can crushed tomatoes, (400g can)
- 110 grams tomato paste
- 1 heaped teaspoons sweet paprika, ground, (adjust to taste)
- 10-12 carraway seeds
- salt or Vegeta, to taste
- pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Lightly grease Varoma dish and tray and set aside.
Place all dumpling ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec / speed 5, or until dough forms into a ball.
Roll dough into 16 walnut-sized balls (or 32 smaller balls) and place into Varoma dish and tray. Set aside.
Without cleaning mixing bowl, place parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Place onion, garlic and olive oil iinto mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then saute 3 min / 120 degrees C / speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Add beef and saute 2 min / 120 degrees C / / speed 1.
Add all remaining ingredients except parsley, and cook 45 min / 80 degrees C / / speed .
Place Varoma with dumplings into position and steam 35 min / Varoma / / speed . Remove Varoma and set aside.
Transfer goulash into serving bowls and garnish with reserved parsley. Serve topped with dumplings immediately.
This is a clone of the Beef Stew with Buttermilk Dumplings recipe in the Everyday Cooking for Thermomix Families book (page 54). I cook it off the chip but change the ingredients only. All other steps the same.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Lamb Shanks
- Thai Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
- Spiced Up Chicken & Potato Curry
- Sous vide steak (TM6)
- No mess rissoles
- Quick Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup