THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 small bunch of coriander, Reserve some leaves for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Cup of couscous, Soaked in 2 cups of boiling water
- 500 grams butternut pumpkin, 1cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 700 grams chicken thigh fillet, inch size pieces
- 1 tablespoon cummin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon corriander seed
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, (or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 4 centimetre Peeled ginger
- 2 medium onions, peeled and halved, Then sliced
- 30 grams Salted butter
- 20 grams olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock paste, Recipe in BCB and EDC
- 380 grams water
- 110 grams dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 1 heaped tablespoon honey
Soak 1 Cup of Couscous in 2 cups of boiling water and set aside.
1. Chop corriander and garlic on Speed 7 for 3 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat. SET ASIDE.
2. Rinse and dry TM bowl.
3. Place cummin seeds, corriander seed, and cinnamon stick into TM bowl and toast for 3 mins Varoma. If you are using ground cinnamon, add through the lid whole when 1 min is left on the timer.
4. Grind spices on Speed 9 for 1 minute.
5. Add ginger to ground spices and chop Speed 7, 4 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat. Set spice mixture aside.
6. Add butter and oil to TM bowl and heat Varoma for 1 minute, speed 1
7. Add onions to TM bowl and cook for 10mins, Varoma, "Counter-clockwise operation" , "Gentle stir setting"
8. Insert butterfly and add reserved spice mixture, tomato paste, and cook 1 minute, Varoma, "Counter-clockwise operation" , Speed 1.
9. Add stock paste, water, and cook 10minutes, varoma, butterfly inserted, Speed 2, "Counter-clockwise operation"
10.Place cubed pumpkin in bottom Varoma dish.
11. Line top Varoma tray with baking paper and place pre-soaked couscous ontop of the baking paper. Spread coucous evenly across the tray.
12. Add chicken , chickpeas, and apricots to mixture in the TM bowl, place lid back on the bowl, and sit Varoma dish ontop of the TM bowl. Cook 20 mins, 100 C, Speed 1, Butterfly, "Counter-clockwise operation" . If pumpkin is not quite cooked, cook for an extra couple of minutes.
13. place couscous into Thermoserver or serving bowl. Add corriander mixture, salt, lemon juice ,and olive oil and stir through thouroughly. Once mixed through, gently fold in pumpkin cubes.
14. Pour tagine into a Thermoserver or serving dish and top with corriander leaves.
Accessories you need
Suitable for freezing
To stretch meal to 6 portions, make 1.5 coucous recipe. Cooking times remain the same.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Sous Vide Wagyu Striploin
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken