- 20g fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch coriander, (leaves and stems, roughly torn into pieces) - you can omit this if not a fan of coriander :)
- 75g cabbage, cut into rough pieces
- 300g chicken, diced fillets or can use chicken mince
- 40g soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 30-35 wonton wrappers, (approximate)
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Autumn Chinese New Year Christmas Father's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Chef recipes Cooking for 2 person Cooking for large family Cooking for single person Cooking for students Take away food Chinese Creative Easy Low budget Quick Cooking Freezing Frying Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma Asian Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Children food Non-dairy Meat dish Pastry Rice dish
- NOTE: You will get approximately 30 dumplings from this recipe. The exact number depends on the size of your dumplings so you may find you have some leftover filling or leftover wrappers. It is impossible to say exactly how much as everyone will make their dumplings a different size, that is why this is an approximate number.
1. Place ginger and garlic cloves into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of bowl and repeat once.
2. Add coriander, cabbage, chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper to the TM bowl and blend for 5 sec/speed 6 or until mixture is smooth and blended together.
3. Lay wrappers out on a flat surface and using a teaspoon or 2 of mince mixture on each wrapper, fold dumplings to your desired shape. The amount of mixture you use will depend on the size and shape of your wrappers but keep in mind you do not want to overfill as it will make it harder to fold and seal. You can use a dumpling maker if you aren't comfortable folding them by hand. Keep folding until you have no mixture left - this gives me anywhere from 30-35 dumplings, depending on the size and shape of the dumplings.
- 4. To cook the dumplings as pot stickers (pan fried dumplings) heat a tablespoon of oil in a fry pan then add the dumplings, pleated side up, and cook uncovered for about 2 minutes until the base is golden brown. Then turn the heat down and add approximately half a cup of water to the pan, cover and cook for 6 minutes. Total cook time will be slightly longer if you have made larger size dumplings.
5. This recipe can be used for steamed or boiled dumplings too - adjust or add any ingredients you like, it's very forgiving. If you want to boil them, add dumplings to a saucepan of boiling water or soup/broth and cook for 6 minutes.
6. For steaming - oil your varoma and place dumplings inside varoma dish and/or tray, fill the TM bowl with 1 litre of water and steam for 10 minutes/Varoma/Speed 3.
7. Serve immediately with sliced cucumber, coriander leaves, chilli oil or your favourite dumpling sauce, such as soy sauce, black vinegar etc.
Dumplings can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for 2 days. Or they can be frozen - lay a piece of baking paper between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
If you enjoy this recipe, please come back and leave a comment and rating! All feedback is welcome and appreciated
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY