- 700g Lamb Shanks, Diced off the bone
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 Nutmegs
- 4 star anise
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Bunches of coriander
- 20g Butter, gee or olive oil
- 4 Cans white beans
- 1 Jar tomato Passata
- 2TBSP tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, To taste
- 1 lemon, Cut in wedges
34h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Insert blade cover
2. Add lamb shanks and spices to mixing bowl. Add water until meat is covered. Remember not to exceed the max line.
3. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Add the lid with the mixing bowl and slow cook until meat is tender and falling apart (approximately 3-4 hours on 95 degrees).
5. Once cooked set aside meat and meat stock liquid.
6. Chop garlic and coriander for 3 seconds on speed 7. Repeat this step if necessary.
7. Add 20g of butter, gee or olive oil and sautee for 3 minutes, varoma heat, reverse speed 1.
8. Insert blade cover
9. Add 1 jar of Passata sauce, beans, reserved meat, 2TBSP tomato paste and reserved meat stock liquid. Add as much or little stock liquid to your liking. For a soupy foosaliya add more and for a thicker consistency add less.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 30 minutes at 100 degrees on slowest mixing speed. Extend cooking time if you feel it’s necessary. Remember to make sure the contents in the mixing bowl do not exceed the max line at any point.
11. Serve with lemon wedges and Lebanese rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veg loaded Spaghetti Bolognese
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Rock cakes
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Quince conserve
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew