- 700g Lamb Shanks, Diced off the bone
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 Nutmegs
- 4 star anise
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Bunches of coriander
- 20g Butter, gee or olive oil
- 4 Cans white beans
- 1 Jar tomato Passata
- 2TBSP tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, To taste
- 1 lemon, Cut in wedges
34h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Insert blade cover
2. Add lamb shanks and spices to mixing bowl. Add water until meat is covered. Remember not to exceed the max line.
3. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Add the lid with the mixing bowl and slow cook until meat is tender and falling apart (approximately 3-4 hours on 95 degrees).
5. Once cooked set aside meat and meat stock liquid.
6. Chop garlic and coriander for 3 seconds on speed 7. Repeat this step if necessary.
7. Add 20g of butter, gee or olive oil and sautee for 3 minutes, varoma heat, reverse speed 1.
8. Insert blade cover
9. Add 1 jar of Passata sauce, beans, reserved meat, 2TBSP tomato paste and reserved meat stock liquid. Add as much or little stock liquid to your liking. For a soupy foosaliya add more and for a thicker consistency add less.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 30 minutes at 100 degrees on slowest mixing speed. Extend cooking time if you feel it’s necessary. Remember to make sure the contents in the mixing bowl do not exceed the max line at any point.
11. Serve with lemon wedges and Lebanese rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Hamburger Patties
- Beef, Veg and Mushroom Pie
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Hainanese Chicken and Rice-cheats version(this is a one pot wonder)
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Carrot & Red Onion Slaw
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake - No bake
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Galaktoboureko - Greek Vanilla Slice
- Peach Jam
- Nutrient boosted banana bread
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Variation Peach Butter
- Fig and Apricot Jam (fresh fruit version)
- Fig Paste