- 200 g dried chickpeas
- 60 g pumpkin seeds, (pepitas)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, cut into slices
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into slices
- 1/2 green capsicum, cut into slices
- 3 baby sweet potatoes, washed, cut into slices (1 cm)
- 10 baby zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 150 g Spinach Leaves, washed and dried
- 1 garlic clove
- 300 g fat free Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 100 g tahini
- 40 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
Rinse the dried chickpeas and set aside in a bowl to soak overnight.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.Place pepitas onto the lined baking tray and toastin the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Set pepitas aside in a small bowl to cool. Leave the oven on at 180°C.
Place coriander seeds, peppercorns and cumin seeds into mixing bowl and dry roast 2 min/Varoma/ /speed 2, then mill 1 min/speed 10.
Add lemon zest and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil, red onion and capsicums and mix 15 sec/ /speed 3, or until ingredients are well-coated with the spice and lemon zest mixture.
Line a roasting tray with baking paper. Place the spice-coated vegetables into roasting tray and roast in the oven for approx. 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and slightly browned at the edges. Set aside until required, allowing vegetables to cool slightly.
Place 1½ L water into mixing bowl. Place chickpeas into TM basket and insert TM basket into mixing bowl. Place sweet potatoes into Varoma dish. Place Varoma dish into position and cook 30 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Place zucchini onto Varoma tray. Insert Varoma tray with zucchini into varoma dish and cook for a further 15 min/Varoma/speed 2
Remove the Varoma and set aside. Using the spatula, carefully remove the TM basket and set chickpeas aside to drain. Clean and dry the mixing bowl.
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Place yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
In a large serving bowl, toss spinach leaves together with the roasted vegetables, sweet potato, zucchini and chickpeas until well combined.Top with half the dressing and sprinkle with the reserved roasted pepitas.
This dish can be served as a vegetarian meal or as an accompaniment to barbequed meats, poultry or fish. Try dusting your meats with Moroccan spice blends to enhance their flavours and complement this salad.
Use the remaining dressing for meat, poultry or fish as an accompaniment.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Never try another hummus again!
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- APPLE STREUSEL CAKE
- Passionfruit Delicious
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Petite Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake
- English Salad Cream
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)