- 1 cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 500 g water, for steaming
- 3 slices bread, (or pre-made breadcrumbs)
- 500 g Milk
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g butter, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 60 g Hard Cheese, chopped roughly
- 40 g grated cheese
Preheat oven to 220.
Place bread in TM bowl and grate for 5-10 seconds, speed 6. Set aside in separate bowl.
Add 500g of water to TM bowl, put cauliflower pieces in Varoma, set in place and cook on Varoma temp, 20 minutes, speed 2.
Set varoma aside with the cauliflower still inside and lid still on to keep warm and empty water out of TM bowl (no need to wash).
Add milk, flour, butter and salt to TM bowl, cook on 90 degrees for 7 minutes, speed 4.
For the last minute of cooking time add in the 60g cheese chunks and mix at speed 7 for 10 seconds, then drop down to speed 3 until timer finishes.
Put cooked cauliflower in casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over the top.
Top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake on 220 for 15 minutes or until golden.
Freeze prior to baking in smaller hotpots if not catering to a large family or extra guests.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Fudgy-Wudgy Chocolate Cookies
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- 3 Ingredient Easy Lemon Tarts
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)