- 200g parmesan cheese cubed
- 2 garlic
- lemon zest, optional
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley
- 200g Beetroot
- 1 leeks washed, &amp;amp; trimmed
- 40g Butter
- 20g olive oil
- 100g white wine
- 350g Aborio Rice
- 800g water
- salt & peper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 100g spinach leaves, fresh
Grate parmesan cheese 5 secs speed 10. Set aside.
Place lemon zest, garlic & parsley into TM bowl & chop 10 secs speed 10. Add beetroot & leek & chop for 5 secs speed 5 you may need to stir with a spatula.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
Add butter & oil & cook for 3 mins, Varoma speed 1.
Add rice & wine & cook for 2 mins, 100 degrees speed 1.5, with out the MC.
Add the stock & water, cook for 13 mins, 100 degrees speed 1.5 with the MC on.
The risotto will still be quite liquidy, pour it into a thermoserver that has the spinach & stir through some of the cheese & cracked pepper. Allow to sit in the Thermoserver for at least 5- 10 mins. It will continue cooking while it sits, so if you prefer more of a bite to your risotto get it out sooner than later. Serve with a bit more cheese.
Easy Beetroot Risotto
Delicious to stir through some home grown cherry tomatoes with the spinach too.
You may even like to stir in the juice of 1 lemon at the end too. Great served with lemon chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Breadcrumbs for Fish
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ginger crunch
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds