- 200g parmesan cheese cubed
- 2 garlic
- lemon zest, optional
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley
- 200g Beetroot
- 1 leeks washed, &amp;amp; trimmed
- 40g Butter
- 20g olive oil
- 100g white wine
- 350g Aborio Rice
- 800g water
- salt & peper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 100g spinach leaves, fresh
Grate parmesan cheese 5 secs speed 10. Set aside.
Place lemon zest, garlic & parsley into TM bowl & chop 10 secs speed 10. Add beetroot & leek & chop for 5 secs speed 5 you may need to stir with a spatula.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
Add butter & oil & cook for 3 mins, Varomaspeed 1.
Add rice & wine & cook for 2 mins,100 degrees speed 1.5, with out the MC.
Add the stock & water, cook for 13 mins, 100 degreesspeed 1.5 with the MC on.
The risotto will still be quite liquidy, pour it into a thermoserver that has the spinach & stir through some of the cheese & cracked pepper. Allow to sit in the Thermoserver for at least 5- 10 mins. It will continue cooking while it sits, so if you prefer more of a bite to your risotto get it out sooner than later. Serve with a bit more cheese.
Easy Beetroot Risotto
Delicious to stir through some home grown cherry tomatoes with the spinach too.
You may even like to stir in the juice of 1 lemon at the end too. Great served with lemon chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle