- 1 large eggplant, Cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Red onions, Peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 2 Thumb size piece fresh ginger, Peeled
- 4 tablespoon Rogan Josh Curry Paste
- 1 Groundnut or Vegetable Oil
- 500 grams yellow split peas
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock (or 1 stock cube)
- 2 litres water, Up to 2L
- 250 grams wholemeal flour
- 150 grams water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 fresh red chilli, Finely sliced
- 1 Handful, of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoon Groundnut or Vegetable Oil
- cooked basmati rice
Preheat oven to 180°C
TX - Chop garlic and ginger 2-3 sec / speed 7
TX – Add onion 2 x Turbo
Combine eggplant, garlic, ginger and onion. Add paste and oil. Toss to combine.
Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
TX - Rinse the bowl
Add all ingredients, flour, oil and water with pinch of salt.
TX – Mix dough 1-2 sec / speed 5
TX – knead dough 1 min / interval
Remove and put aside under oiled cling wrap.
TX – rinse bowl
TX – 14 min / Varoma / speed 1
Remove and place in Thermoserve to keep warm
Once the eggplant is roasted, remove half the mixture and place in TX bowl with split peas, vegetable stock. Fill to max.
TX – cook 12 min / 100°C / Speed 1
Brings the ingredients to the boil
TX – cook 60 min / 100°C / Speed 1
Tip: Place basket over to stop spits going everywhere
Check consistency it requires another 30 minutes of cooking.
Roll out the mixture, cut into 12 portions
Roll flat and fry in a medium heated fry pan for a few minutes each side, do not brown. They should puff up.
Frying pan on medium heat
Add chopped chilli, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
Add the oil and fry for 1 minute or until crispy.
Remove onto paper towel
Dough for Chapatis
Cook Eggplant Daal
Accessories you need
Serve warm Chapatis with rice, daal, roasted eggplant and temper on top.
Add some natural yoghurt for some freshness.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Lamb Shanks
- Cheats Thermomix Pasta Sauce Napoletana Style
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Quick hash browns