THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil or (EVOO)
- 1-2 carrots, peeled & chopped into 4
- 1 medium onion, peeled & halved
- 350 g du Puy Lentils, (French Green Lentils)
- 750 g water
- 2 tbsp VSC, (TM vege stock concentrate)
- 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 250 g dry white wine
- handful of flat leaf parsley, including some stems
- 1 bay leaf
- ground black pepper
- sour cream
- fresh coriander
- limes for squeezing
1. Chop parsley on speed 5 for 2 seconds. Set aside.
2. Chop onion and carrot on speed 5 for 3 secs, to keep them slightly chunky don’t over process.
3. Add oil and sauté for 4 mins at 100 degrees, speed soft + reverse, with MC off, until translucent.
4. Place steamer basket on lid of TM and weigh in lentils. Rinse under cold water.
5. Pour the lentils into the TM bowl and stir on reverse + speed soft for 5 secs to coat the lentils with the oil.
6. Add the water, VSC, tomatoes, wine, parsley, bay leaf, and a good grinding of pepper.
7. Cook for 60 mins at 100 degrees, reverse + speed soft , until the lentils are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Then cook for an extra 15 mins at 100 degrees, reverse + speed soft. (can only set TM timer for 60 mins at a time)
8. Serve in shallow bowls with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkling of fresh coriander and (essential!) half a lime for squeezing.
Optional – serve with a piece of grilled or steamed chicken or fish. Or with freshly made bread rolls, and a green salad. Or just on their own!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Superfood Magic Pasta sauce
- vegan scrambled eggs
- Vegetables in saffron, chilli & coconut broth
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- Chow Mein by Thermobelistic
- Farmhouse Butter
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Sweet potato, Carrot and Apple Puree
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Pad see ew