- 1 leek
- 2 celery stalk
- 30 g olive oil
- 200 g pearl barley
- 500 g chicken stock, (or vegetable stock for vegetarian)
- 100 g water
- 80 g kale leaves
- 350 g fresh mushrooms, mixed
- 2 tablespoons Chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray ready for the mushrooms.
- Add garlic, leek and celery, washed and roughly chopped to Thermomix bowl.
- Chop 5 seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add olive oil and cook 4 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Add barley, chicken stock and water to TM bowl and cook 25 minutes//Speed soft.
- Meanwhile, place the mixed mushrooms (chopped), with a little bit of olive oil on the baking tray and roast for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the barley has finished cooking, add it to the Thermoserver with the kale leaves (trimmed, stems removed), to absorb the remaining liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Top the barley with the roasted mushrooms and walnuts to serve.
Recipe converted from Taste.com.au
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Paneer Frankie Recipe