THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 130 g quinoa seed
- 700 g water
- 300 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 small zucchini or 1 medium
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 100 g rocket leaves (or thereabouts)
- handful of parsley
- 20 g olive oil
- 125ml EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white wine vinegar, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons currants
- 1-2 tablespoons pine nuts, can be toasted for extra flavour
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon apple juice concentrate or sugar, to taste
1. Place quinoa in simmer basket and pour in 700g water into the TM bowl. Cook 17 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 4. Set aside in a medium - large size salad bowl.
2. Place garlic clove in TM bowl and process for 2-3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the side. Add sweet potato, broccoli florets, zucchini to TM bowl and process for 2-3 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides and process again for 2-3 seconds.
3. Add olive oil to TM bowl and saute vegetables for 7 minutes on 100 degrees at "Gentle stir setting" . When done, mix together with the quinoa.
At this point, you can set aside some of the salad to feed to older babies (from 9 or 10 months) and toddlers.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a glass jar and shake well to combine. Taste, season with salt and pepper and adjust for vinegar or sweetness as desired.
Pine nut and Currant Dressing
Accessories you need
This is a perfect dish to feed the whole family. Older babies who are comfortable with textures can eat the quinoa and vegetable mix. For toddlers and young children, you can serve with the dressing, rocket (if they will eat it!) and bread.
The pine nut and currant dressing has been adapted from Jude Blereau's 'Wholefood cooking for the family'.
Check out my facebook page for more recipe ideas: //www.facebook.com/ThermoFabulous
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy