THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 130 g quinoa seed
- 700 g water
- 300 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 small zucchini or 1 medium
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 100 g rocket leaves (or thereabouts)
- handful of parsley
- 20 g olive oil
- 125ml EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or white wine vinegar, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons currants
- 1-2 tablespoons pine nuts, can be toasted for extra flavour
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon apple juice concentrate or sugar, to taste
1. Place quinoa in simmer basket and pour in 700g water into the TM bowl. Cook 17 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 4. Set aside in a medium - large size salad bowl.
2. Place garlic clove in TM bowl and process for 2-3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the side. Add sweet potato, broccoli florets, zucchini to TM bowl and process for 2-3 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides and process again for 2-3 seconds.
3. Add olive oil to TM bowl and saute vegetables for 7 minutes on 100 degrees at . When done, mix together with the quinoa.
At this point, you can set aside some of the salad to feed to older babies (from 9 or 10 months) and toddlers.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a glass jar and shake well to combine. Taste, season with salt and pepper and adjust for vinegar or sweetness as desired.
Pine nut and Currant Dressing
Accessories you need
This is a perfect dish to feed the whole family. Older babies who are comfortable with textures can eat the quinoa and vegetable mix. For toddlers and young children, you can serve with the dressing, rocket (if they will eat it!) and bread.
The pine nut and currant dressing has been adapted from Jude Blereau's 'Wholefood cooking for the family'.
Check out my facebook page for more recipe ideas: //www.facebook.com/ThermoFabulous
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- Baked Falafel Bites
- Savory lentil mince with Rice and Tofu
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Hot Cross Buns
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce