THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 g leek, (white part) sliced vertically in half and into 4 cm lengths
- 60 g celery
- 60 g red pepper, cored, de-seeded
- 200 g carrot, peeled and chopped into rough chunks
- 60 g Butter
- 120 g red lentils
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 300 ml tomato passata (store bought or use home-made pasta sauce from page 63 of Every Day Cookbook)
- 600 ml water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
8Recipe is created for
1. Place celery, red pepper and carrot in TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and chop for another second. Set aside. No need to rinse bowl
2. Place leek in TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and chop for another second.
3. Add butter to the leek and sauté (MC off) for 4 minutes on Varoma temperature Speed 1.
4. While sautéing is in progress prepare the sweet potato
5. Add celery, red pepper and carrot and sauté (MC off) a further 4 minutes on Varoma temperature Speed 2.
6. Add lentils and sauté for 1 minute on Varoma temperature, Reverse, Speed 1
7. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 2.
8. Continue cooking for 30 minutes, 90 degrees, Reverse, Speed 2
9. Ensure lentils and sweet potato are tender. If not, continue cooking until tender
10. If this is for baby food, blend to a puree on speed 10
11. If this is for big kids & adults, serve with steamed rice or mashed potato.
Makes enough to feed a family of four twice. Freezes beautifully. The recipe Is an Annabel Karmel recipe that I have converted. My children aged 1.5 and 4.5 love it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies
- Passionfruit & Orange Curd/Butter
- Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies
- Monte Carlo Biscuits - Foodie Mumma Ren Style