- 700 g potato, Dutch cream or Royal Blue, medium size skin on
- 700 g water
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- Plain flour for dusting
- 350 g pumpkin
- 2 clove garlic
- 30 g Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
- 250 g vegetable stock
- 100 g baby spinach, rinsed and stalks removed
- 1 Measuring cup full Pinenuts
- 2 tablespoon Full Thickend Cream
- 100 g water
Preheat oven to 200 degrees for the toasting of the pine nuts mentioned later in the recipe.
Lightly dust a large tray with flour and set aside.
Place water in bowl and full potatoes in the Varoma. Steam on Varoma 25 mins speed 1.
While the potatoes are steaming and the oven is preheated place the pinenuts on a tray and brown on the top shelf for 3 mins. Then set aside until needed.
When the timer is up add 100g of water and the Pumpkin in the basket to the bowl replace the varoma with potatoes and continue to steam on Varoma temp for 20 mins speed 1.
With steaming completed remove the Varoma with potatoes and the basket with the pumkin and set aside. Discard water and rinse and dry mixing bowl.
Once potatoes have cooled a little (about half hour). Carefully remove and discard potato skin. (it helps to hold the warm potatoes with paper towel as you peel)
Place the peeled potatoes into the mixing bowl and mash 5 seconds speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with the spatula and then mash 20 seconds speed 4.
Transfer the puree into a large bowl. Allow the pototo puree to cool to room temp around 45 mins. Wash and dry mixing bowl.
Add salt, yolks and flour to puree. Mix with the spatula to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
Section dough into 4 portions. Place a portion on floured thermomat and knead lightly. (If dough is too sticky add a little extra flour).
Roll dough into a 30 cm long log and cut into 2cm pieces. Place onto prepared floured tray and continue with the remaining portions.
While cooking batches of gnocchi. Add garlic to the bowl and chop on speed 6 for 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
Add butter and saute Varoma temp for 2 and half minutes speed 1 mc removed.
Add cooked pumpkin to the bowl and puree going slowly up to speed 8 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides.
Add stock, nutmeg and Chilli powder to the bowl and mix on speed 4 for 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
Heat mixture on 90 degrees for 6 minutes speed 1.
Add spinach and cook for a further 2 and a half minutes speed 1 "Counter-clockwise operation"
Add cream and toasted pine nuts and mix speed 3 for 5 seconds "Counter-clockwise operation"
Pour sauce into Thermoserver and add cooked gnocchi. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then serve.
Accessories you need
You can always make the gnocchi the day before leave not cooked and store in an airtight container.
You can also use roasted pumpkin in the sauce.
If serving as an entree it will serve 6.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix