THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 35 g coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 centimetre Piece cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamon seeds
- 4 fresh curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons long grain rice (i use jasmine)
- 250 g Raw cashew nuts (Pre soaked), Soak in cold water for 30 minutes and drain
- 2 Onions, peeled and halved
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 50 g coconut oil or butter
- 270 g coconut milk
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Maldive fish flakes (option all)
- 1 Fresh green chilli, deseeded
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and dry roast 15 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 2 without MC.
Insert MC into mixing bowl lid and mill 30 seconds, speed 10.
Transfer to a jar or airtight container. Place lid on jar when cool and store in cool dark place for up to a couple of months.
Place onion in mixing bowl and chop 4 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add curry leaves and butter/oil and sauté for 7 minutes, Varoma, speed 2 (MC off). Set aside.
place green chilli in mixing bowl and chop, 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add cashews, coconut milk, chilli powder, cumin, tumeric, Maldive fish flakes, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and simmer 10 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spped 0.5.
Add onion mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spped 0.5.
Pour curry into dish and sprinkle with a good pinch or two of the roasted curry powder.
Roasted curry powder
Accessories you need
Maldive fish flakes provide an authentic Sri Lankan flavour to this curry however it still tastes delicious without this ingredient which can often be tricky to find.
Serve this dish with rice (and perhaps another curry, a sambal or grilled chicken).
This curry can also be frozen, which is handy if you are planning on making a few different curries for a later date.
The curry powder can be used in other curry recipes..
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)