- 700 g mixed vegetables, Carrot, Pumpkin, Cauliflower, Broccoli - See Notes
- 3 slices bread, See notes
- 500 g water, for steaming
- 500 g Milk, I use Soy
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g Butter, I use nuttelex buttery
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 40 g nutritional yeast
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Place bread and 20g of the nutritional yeast into TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds, speed 6. Set Aside. Dont wash the bowl.
- Add 500g water to TM bowl, put vegetables in Varoma, leave some gaps for steam to come through. set in place and cook on Varoma temp, speed 2, 20 minutes
- Once the vegetables have cooked and are soft, set the varoma aside with the cauliflower still inside and lid still on to keep warm - i sit it inside my baking dish. empty water out of TM bowl, dont wash it.
- Add milk, flour, butter, salt, nutmeg & Dijon mustard to TM bowl, cook on 90c for 7 minutes, speed 4. Mix at speed 7 for 5 seconds
- Put cooked vegetables into a baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over the top. Top with the breadcrumb mixture. Bake for around 15 minutes or until golden.
Accessories you need
Regarding the mixed veg - its just an approx amount, more or less is fine. I never weigh it, I just wing it. You can just use cauliflower and make it like a 'cauliflower cheese'.
Alot of the time we have this as a main dish and serve it with a salad, some garlic bread or anything else really.
Our family dont like the crust on either side of a loaf of bread so i freeze them instead of wasting it and use them for making breadcrumbs. I just leave them in the thermomix to defrost before making breadcrumbs out of it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)