- 200 grams quinoa seed
- 600 grams water
- 1 teaspoon TM stock concentrate
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 80 grams cauliflower
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 handful of fresh herbs s.a parsley and mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 60-80 grams flour of choice (or breadcrumbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon flaxseeds, + 6 tbs of water
Quinoa just like you would rice, in Simmering Basket, for 16min/Varoma temp/speed 4 (this is where I add the stock in the water)
Remove simmering basket, wash and dry TM bowl
Add zest and garlic to bowl and chop for 15 sec/sp 8, scrape down, repeat
add spring onions and herbs/spices and process 5 sec on speed 7
add cauliflwer and spices to bowl and chop 3 sec speed 5.
Place flaxseeds in the bowl and mill 40 seconds, speed 9. Place in a small container and add six table spoons of water. Mix it well and wait unti mixture is thick and creamy like an egg. Reserve.
add flaxseed mixture and flour (I used spelt) or breadcrumbs and quinoa and mix for 10 sec/reverse/speed 4. Scrape down with spatula and repeat.
Heat up your choice of oil in a large frying pan and fry large spoonfuls of fritters on both sides until golden brown.
Accessories you need
A very versatile dish which you could enjoy either as a main course with steamed veggies and a salad, or as an appetizer, also great as party food!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Zucchini balls
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)