- 50 g ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 400 g basmati rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp Cardomom Seeds, or 5 bruised pods
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds, brown or black
- 2 tablespoon veggie stock paste
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 200 g Green beans, trimmed and halfed
- 200 g cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, diced
- 100 g Cashews
- 70 g Raisins or craisins
- 100 g greek yogurt or coconut cream
- 100 g reserved stock liquid
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt, to taste
- coriander leaves, handful
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add 50 g ghee, butter or coconut oil to mixing bowl with rice, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and mustard seeds. Cook 5 min/100//
Pour rice mixture into steaming basket. Rinse mixing bowl. Add 1000 g water, tumeric and stock paste into bowl. Insert steaming basket.
Place carrots and cauliflower into Varoma dish. Place green beans, cashews and sultanas on the varoma tray. Put the Varoma into place. Cook 18 min/Varoma/sp 3.5-4.
Once cooked, put beans, cashews and raisins from tray into dish with cauli and carrot. Empty the rice from the basket into the Varoma dish as well. Stir gently to combine. Once mixed, transfer to a 2.5 oval or 2.6 L round Thermoserver.
Remove all but 100 g remaining stock liquid from mixing bowl. Add 100 g greek yogurt or coconut cream, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp garam masala. Mix 10 sec/sp 5. Pour over rice in the Thermoserver, stir gently. Garnish with coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice over the top. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Rice and Vegetables
I adapted this recipe from skinnymixers, increasing veggie content and with dairy free options. This dish can easily be made vegan with adaptations given. It is a very flavoursome main dish that feeds a crowd.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing