- 250 grams unsalted butter, room temperature, cubed
- 120 grams icing sugar
- 60 grams Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, (optional)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, (optional, for chocolate buttercream icing)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add butter to bowl, whip 3 min/speed 3, stopping every minute to scrape the sides down.
Scrape down bowl and add butterfly, then whip 3 min/speed 3, scraping down bowl half way through. At the end this time the butter should be lighter in colour and texture.
Add icing sugar, milk, vanilla or cocoa powder (if using) and whip again for 3 min/speed 3, turning speed up slowly so the icing sugar doesn't fly up to the lid. Scrape down halfway through to combine if necessary.
Use as required.
I used icing sugar in this recipe, but you can make your own icing sugar from white sugar or raw sugar by milling 20 sec/speed 10, scraping down and repeating until you get the fine consistency you are after.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- Variation Greengage Jam
- Hanne's Nutella 😊
- Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Balsamic Onion Dip
- Cheese Sauce (for corned beef)
- Supergreen Vegan Pesto
- BBQ sauce
- New York Style Hot Dog Onion Relish
- Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- Triple C Dip (Chickpeas, Cashews and Cumin)
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Kheer (Indian spiced rice pudding)
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Hanne's Nutella 😊
- Wholemeal Peanut Butter Chia Pancakes
- Tear drop cake - Merengue Cheesecake
- Tuna Mornay