- 500 g Guava's with skin on, Chopped into small pieces
- 1 lemon, Quartered with peel on
- 2 green apples, Quartered with peel on
- 500 g brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
Recipe is created for
1) Place apples, lemon, cinnamon stick and guavas in the Thermomix bowl. Cook for 20 mins/ 90 degrees/reverse/speed 2 with LID ON.
2) Add sugar and cook for further 20 minutes /90 degrees/reverse/speed 2 with LID OFF.
3) Strain the jam (I used a large strainer) and return the liquid starined to the thermomix bowl. You want all the seeds removed as they do not have a nice flavour.
4) Cook for a further 20-30 minutes/90 degrees/reverse/speed 2 with LID OFF.
5) Complete jam test below.
6) Store in sterilized glass jars.
To test for setting: Place a small plate or saucer in to the fridge for 15 mins. Pour a spoonful of the hot jam, jelly or marmalade on to the plate and return to the fridge for 5 minutes. Push the edges of the jam with your index finger. It is set when it all wrinkly and crinkly. If it is not set continue to cook checking every 5 minutes. Don’t overcook. Leave to cool and set for a few hours or over night. You can use a jam setter otherwise.
Add more sugar at step 4 if you like more sweeter jam
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Moist white chocolate and vanilla mud cake with cream cheese icing
- Moist Vanilla mud cupcakes
- My friend Gail's DATE AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- chocolate peanut butter frosting
- Coconut, lemon and white magic bean cake
- Parsnip cake with cream cheese icing
- LYCHEE AND MINT KIDS BIRTHDAY SLUSHIES
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Sandwhiches
- RAINBOW white bean birthday cake
- Morning Glory muffins (converted from Nico Moretti's Cooking Passions cookbook)
- Chermoula marinated chicken with moroccan beans and quinoa