- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 480 g bakers's flour
- 40 g sugar
- 260 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 280 g apples, NB this is weight after peeling and removing the cores
- 40 g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
11h 50minPreparation 11h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Combine the bread ingredients in the order listed 10secs/sp7.
Knead 2 mins and transfer to a greased covered bowl. It will be a slightly sticky mix.
Leave to sit for 8 hours or overnight.
Punch down in the bowl and add the apple mixture.
This is a rustic loaf so don't worry about it looking a bit rough Again, it will be sticky.
Transfer to a well greased and lined cast iron lidded pot/Dutch oven.
Cover and leave to rise a further 2 hours.
Leave the lid on the pot and place in a cold oven set to 220°C.
Bake for 45mins, remove the very hot lid and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or so to brown the top.
Wait a few minutes before removing from the very hot pot.
Cool on a wire rack.
Serve with butter and a splash of maple syrup ;p
- Cut up apples into a small dice and toss in the sugar and cinnamon.
Accessories you need
Oh my goodness...break off pieces and slather in butter and Maple syrup..!
Freezes well once cooled.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Cheesey Mexican Salsa Dip
- Pane di Casa
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Old fashioned cream buns with mock cream filling
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Blueberry and lemon loaf
- Parmesan Cheddar Crackers
- Cheddar loaf
- Mini sticky date loaves
- Paratha / Roti
- Cheese scones
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Pecan biscuits
- Peachy Whip
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle