- 250 grams potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 380 grams plain flour
- 120 grams Milk
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1 teaspoons sugar
1h 40minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add 500 mls water to bowl. Place potato into steamer basket.
Cook 10 mins, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Discard water, place potato in bowl and mash 20 secs, Speed 4.
- Add Yeast, Salt, Sugar, Flour, Milk and Oil.
Mix 20 secs, Speed 3.
- Knead "Gentle stir setting" for 5 minutes.
- Place dough into greased bowl and cover with tea towel and allow to rise until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Divide into 6 to 8 portions (depends how big you want them).
Shape into flat breads, small tears or slits in shaped dough is recommended to help with even cooking, and rest for further 20 minutes.
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with salt and baste with garlic butter, if desired.
Eat straight away or place in Thermoserver to keep warm.
Accessories you need
A great accompaniment to any winter warmer dish, especially Goulash or Chicken Paprika.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- DF, GF, RSF School Muesli Bars
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Raisin bread
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake