- 1 zucchini, Grated w skin on
- 1 Corn cob, Kernels cut off
- 1/2 onion, Finely chopped
- 160 grams haloumi cheese, Grated
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon stock, e.g. Massell 'chicken style' powder or stock cube
- 1 Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Butter
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course Appetizer Main course Starter Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Baking Cooking Frying Grilling Easy Low budget Natural Quick Children food Vegetarian Australian Children birthday Everyday Kids in the kitchen Picnic Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) Pie, quiche Tart Vegetable dish Spanish
Grate zucchini and haloumi or Chop separately in TMX (Zucchini 4-5 sec/speed 5, Haloumi 15 sec/speed 5.5) and set aside.
Place zucchini and corn kernels into microwave proof dish w a splash of water and cook for 3.5 min. Drain in sieve and squeeze out water…(Alternatively you could sauté in TMX 3.5 min/120C//speed) and set aside.
Next chop onion and sauté in olive oil and butter until transparent in an oven proof frypan over moderate heat on stove. (Alternatively 3 min/120C/speed1).
While onion is cooking whisk eggs with stock and garlic powder until combined.
Add zucchini, corn kernels, haloumi to eggs and stir until combined.
Pour egg mixture over onions in frypan and stir a couple of times to combine onion into ingredients.
Cook in the frypan over a medium heat with a lid to retain heat for approx 4.5 min or until sides solidify and only centre remains runny.
Take frypan off the heat and place in moderate oven or under moderately heated griller for a further 3.5 min or until golden/ and or firm to touch.
Set aside for 1-2 minute to finish cooking in the centre.
Accessories you need
If you don’t like salt in your cooking omit the stock and just add to taste afterwards.
Also stoves vary in their temperatures. I cooked this on a gas stove where the heat is typically a bit higher – you may need to adjust times for an electric stove.
Final note – with this base egg/haloumi recipe add whatever veggies, fresh herbs or left overs are in the fridge and it should work out just fine!
Let me know if you enjoyed it and rate!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Spring time spinach cob loaf
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Caramilk Delight
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice