- 100 g eggplant
- 900 g water
- 2 medium size potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 50 g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 50 g cabbage, roughly chopped
- 100 g green capsicum, seeded and quartered
- 50 g chopped french beans (optional)
- 50 g peas, fresh or frozen (optional)
- 50 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 440 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 fresh ginger
- 1 green chilli (remove seeds if you don’t like it hot)
- 2 tablespoons Garum masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ( or to taste)
- 12 bread rolls / pavs, (see note below)
Recipe is created for
Chop eggplant into 1 cm cubes and place in Varoma
sprinkle generously with salt and leave aside 10 mins., rinse well
Place water into the TM bowl
While leaving eggplant in Varoma, add potatoes, cauliflower, carrot, cabbage and beans and cook 20 mins, Varoma, speed 3 until cooked, leave aside in Varoma.
Add butter to TM bowl and heat for 2 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add cumin seeds and cook 2 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add the onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and capsicum and chop 5 secs. Speed 7. Scrape down.
Add the chilli powder, turmeric and garum masala
Saute 5 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add vegetables from the Varoma and chop 3 secs,
speed 3 until lightly mashed
Add the tomatoes, peas, veg stock concentrate, lemon juice and salt to taste (approx. 1 teaspoon)
Cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 2
Top with small pieces of extra butter which will melt.
Garnish with coriander leaves, extra chopped onions and some chopped lime.
NOTE: Traditionally this dish is served with “pavs” which are a type of bread roll. Substitute with a bread roll which has been sliced through the middle and buttered.
Brown the buttered side in a fry pan. Use this roll to scoop up the curry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Christmas Cake (Dene's version)
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Chocolate Grand Marnier Truffles
- Spiced Beetroot & Orange Chutney
- Pina Colada Sorbet
- Prawns Diablo
- Meatballs and Pine Nuts in Tomato Sauce (similar to Dawood Baasha)
- Tan Slice (Sticky Caramel)
- Walnut Bread Rolls (Danish Style)
- Pumpkin Soup with Peanut Butter
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail