- 1 red chilli
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1/2 red capsicum, quartered
- 1 carrot, quartered
- 1 eggplant, long, skinny.
- 1 sprig fresh basil, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves only
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano (or fresh)
- 1 pinch powdered cayenne pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons Smokey Paprika, must be smokey!
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt, for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese, to taste, OPTIONAL. Could use lactose free cheese.
Recipe is created for
9Alcohol-free Baby food Children food Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Baking Cooking Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Cooking for 2 person Cooking for large family Easy Low budget Natural Quick Latin America Mexican Everyday Main course Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) Vegetable dish Maltese Portuguese Spanish
- Blitz chilli and garlic in the TMX on speed 8, add onion, blitz for a few seconds on speed 6 until chopped, add oil, saute for 4 minutes on 100C,"Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.
- Add capsicum, carrot and eggplant. Blitz on speed 7 for 3 seconds until chopped.
- Add tomato, herbs, tomato paste and salt. Cook 100C, 10 mins,"Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.
- Blitx on speed 7 for a few seconds, to get the sauce to the consistency you want. I wanted it slightly chunky.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on 100C,"Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.
- Pour into an oven dish, crack in 4 eggs, and sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Bake in a preheated 180C (160C fan forced) oven until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve. We had it with creamed corn and (4 bean mix) beans that were cooked in the TMX while the eggs were baking. And also with some paratha (mixing our cultures!). Kids loved it – freaking delicious!!!
Accessories you need
We had it with creamed corn and (4 bean mix) beans that were cooked in the TMX while the eggs were baking. And also with some paratha (mixing our cultures!). Kids loved it – freaking delicious!!! Also, the smokey paprika mimics the flavour of a smokey meat. So you'd never know there wasn't bacon or chorizo in the sauce!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Chocolate Hummus
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Ibu Sambal
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish