- 1 red chilli
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1/2 red capsicum, quartered
- 1 carrot, quartered
- 1 eggplant, long, skinny.
- 1 sprig fresh basil, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves only
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano (or fresh)
- 1 pinch powdered cayenne pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons Smokey Paprika, must be smokey!
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt, for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese, to taste, OPTIONAL. Could use lactose free cheese.
Recipe is created for
9Alcohol-free Baby food Children food Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Baking Cooking Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Cooking for 2 person Cooking for large family Easy Low budget Natural Quick Latin America Mexican Everyday Main course Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) Vegetable dish Maltese Portuguese Spanish
- Blitz chilli and garlic in the TMX on speed 8, add onion, blitz for a few seconds on speed 6 until chopped, add oil, saute for 4 minutes on 100C, , speed 1.
- Add capsicum, carrot and eggplant. Blitz on speed 7 for 3 seconds until chopped.
- Add tomato, herbs, tomato paste and salt. Cook 100C, 10 mins, , speed 1.
- Blitx on speed 7 for a few seconds, to get the sauce to the consistency you want. I wanted it slightly chunky.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on 100C, , speed 1.
- Pour into an oven dish, crack in 4 eggs, and sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Bake in a preheated 180C (160C fan forced) oven until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve. We had it with creamed corn and (4 bean mix) beans that were cooked in the TMX while the eggs were baking. And also with some paratha (mixing our cultures!). Kids loved it – freaking delicious!!!
Accessories you need
We had it with creamed corn and (4 bean mix) beans that were cooked in the TMX while the eggs were baking. And also with some paratha (mixing our cultures!). Kids loved it – freaking delicious!!! Also, the smokey paprika mimics the flavour of a smokey meat. So you'd never know there wasn't bacon or chorizo in the sauce!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)
- Seham’s Hommus & Foul