- 485 g Full Fat pouring Cream
- 1 sprig Thyme, or 1/8 tsp dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 eggs, or 8 egg yolks, great after making pav!!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- /4 teaspoon mustard powder, or more to taste
- 90 g Parmesan cheese
- 90 g Cheddar cheese, or other cheese like Gruyere, Ementhal etc
- Microherbs (parsley, chives etc), to garnish
- cayenne pepper, to garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Autumn Christmas Spring Summer Winter Creative Easy Natural Quick Cooking Heating Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma Brunch Dinner Lunch Buffet Everyday Holiday Picnic Custard/mousse Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) French Vegetarian
Place cream, thyme and garlic clove into mixing bowl.
Heat for 5 mins, 90 degrees speed 2.
Grease 6x1/2 cup ramekins with butter.
Set aside cream, by straining into pouring jug (removing thyme and garlic clove and discarding).
Wash and dry Thermomix bowl. Add cheeses and grate for 8 seconds on speed 9.
Add eggs, cayenne, mustard and salt to TM bowl and mix on speed 4 for 10 secs.
With blades spinning on speed 4 for 1 min, slowly add hot cream to cheese/egg mixture.
Pour mixture into ramekins.
Arrange ramekins into tray and dish of Varoma.
Rinse TM bowl, and fill with 500g cold water.
Put Varoma into place and steam for 22-25 mins, Varoma temp, speed 3.5.
Check if custards are cooked. They should have a slight wobble in the middle, without being too liquid. Let rest for 10 mins (they will continue to cook a little).
Garnish with a pinch of cayenne or paprika and some micro herbs. Serve with a slice of crusty baguette and a rocket, pear and walnut salad.Serve custards warm or cook ahead and serve cold.
Feeling like an extra challenge? Why not make some candied walnuts to accompany the salad?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Thai Prawn and Vege Flu Fighting Soup
- Quick Parmesan Spelt Bread Rolls
- Paleo Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
- Almond Chai Latte
- 3 Ingredient "Paleo" Choc Icecream
- Sage and Bacon Potato Rosti
- Spinach, Parmesan and Cracked Pepper Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
- Massaman Curry
- Thermomix Sushi
- Moreish Chocolate Coconut Truffles