- 2 bananas, the browner, the better!
- 200 g rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 60 g Almond milk, or other milk
- 50 g coconut oil
- 60 g honey, liquid, or other liquid sweetener
- 10 g vanilla extract
- 80 g Fresh Baby Spinach, or other greens. Approximately 2-3 big handfuls. The more you use, the greener they'll be.
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt, sea, fine
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil.
3. Add all the ingredients to the TM bowl. The amount of spinach you add is up to you - I added in about 3 big handfuls which was around 80g. The spinach is undetectable flavour-wise, so go nuts! You can also swap spinach out for silverbeet or other greens.
4. Blend everything for 1min/speed 8. It should look nice and smooth, and very green.
5. Pour into the muffin tin.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before flipping out onto a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
These muffins are based on a nutitious green smoothie and are perfect for breakfast on the run, or in fussy kids lunchboxes. Toddler approved.
I've scaled back the sweetener, but feel free to add a little more if you need it.
They taste like a banana muffin, but with a tonne of green goodness. Feel free to rename them to something tougher - Hulk Muffins anyone?
To ensure they're gluten free, make sure you use certified GF oats. While oats are naturally GF, they are often processed in the same facilities as wheat and can therefore be contaminated.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Pecan biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Variation Plum crumble cake
- Vanilla Fruit Biscotti
- Nan's Zucchini Loaf - now DF, GF
- Paleo Supercharged Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Spreadable Butter
- Sweet potato & banana paleo muffins (nut free)
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Balls, with superfoods (Paleo & Vegan)
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Basil Pesto