- 600 g White baker's flour
- 325 g warm water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bread improver, I use Wallaby brand
- 2 tsp honey
- 1. Add ingredients to Thermomix bowl and set to knead for 6 minutes. (Keep an eye on your TM)
2. Allow to rise in the bowl with MC on top. (If you need to use your bowl, then transfer dough to a warm, oiled ceramic or glass bowl and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place for at least an hour.)
3. Remove dough from bowl when MC is popping up from the dough pushing it, or after one hour, whichever comes first.
4. Place on Thermomat or bench, divide into 8 and shape into round balls. (if you don't have a large tray, use only 6 of the balls and make scrolls out of the other two, or bake them separately as normal rolls.)
5. Place onto a large greased oven tray with reasonable space in between each ball.
6. Place Thermomat or baking paper on top of rolls.
7. Place another large baking tray on top of the Thermomat and press down gently. Cover completely with a slightly damp cloth so dough doesn't dry out.
8. Allow to rise for another hour or so in a warm place. When almost ready to bake, preheat oven to 180 to 200C, fan forced or up to 220, non fan forced, depending on your oven.
9. Bake the rolls with the other tray still on top, for 25 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped.
10. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Accessories you need
If you're in a hurry, just leave the dough in the bowl for 10 minutes and then shape and leave to prove for 30 minutes.
You can add seeds to these rolls to make them more nutritious. Try some chia and flax seed or pumpkin seed and pepitas.These can be made with half wholemeal flour (increase water slightly) and can also be made with spelt flour (reduce water slightly).
Bread Improver is an enzyme based product that increases yeast activation and improves bread texture. It also helps keep bread fresher a bit longer. A natural Bread Improver can be found at 'You Can Bake It' in Perth.This recipe also makes great normal bread rolls.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Masala chai gut friendly gummies
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Basilico Spago
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder