- 1/2 large onion, peeled
- 850 grams cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered (about 6 large)
- 75 grams raw sugar
- 10 sage leaves
- 160 grams cloudy apple juice
- 20 grams Butter
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5.
- Add butter and saute 3 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
- Add apples and chop 5 sec/speed 5.
- Cook 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 3.
- Add apple juice, sugar and sage leaves and cook 10 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Puree 30 seconds/speed 8 or until smooth.
- Transfer into warm sterilised jars. Use within 2 months, or use the waterbath method to increase shelf life to 1 year. Store in refrigerator once opened. Will make approx 5 x 150ml jars.
Apple and sage sauce
Serve with Christmas pork! Beautiful to include in Christmas hampers.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Caramel sticky date cookies
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Beef fajitas
- Grape jelly
- Balsamic fig and apple chutney
- Chilli and lime cashews
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls