- 500 g Raw Cashew Nuts
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, (optional, or use double the lime zest)
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove peel from lime using a vegatable peeler and add to Thermomix bowl. Add kaffir lime leaves and salt.
- Blitz 30 seconds/Speed 10 or until fine.
- Add cayanne pepper, chilli flakes and the juice from the lime, as well as olive oil. Add cashew nuts.
- Combine 10 seconds//Speed 2.
- Spread evenly onto your oven tray and toast for 10 minutes, stirring at 5 minutes, until just brown and dry.
- Allow to cool and then store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
Chilli and lime cashews
These make an excellent starter for a Mexican themed meal.
Also great for Christmas gift hampers!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Beef fajitas
- Grape jelly
- Balsamic fig and apple chutney
- Apple and sage sauce
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Nut free chocolate berry bliss balls
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Apple Crumble Bliss Balls
- Banana blueberry muffins
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Variation Date lime cake
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Thai Green Curry
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Variation Limes puff
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Lemon, Lime Dressing