- 10 stalks fresh silverbeet, large
- 500 g water
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 eggs, small
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 800 g ricotta cheese
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 12-14 sheet Filo Pastry
- 80 g Butter, melted
1h 10minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Using your Varoma, rinse 10 large silverbeet leaves (stalks removed).
- Chop silverbeet roughly into 2cm strips, and place back into Varoma dish.
- Place 500g of water in Thermomix bowl and steam silverbeet 15 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, chop 4 rashers of bacon and 1 red onion and fry off in a pan in some olive oil until browned.
- Set silverbeet aside to drain, and bacon and onion aside to cool.
- Once cooled, place 2 small eggs (or one large) into a clean and dry Thermomix bowl with 2 tsp of vegetable stock paste and 800g ricotta, and some cracked pepper and mix, 10 seconds/Speed 3 or until combined.
- In a large bowl, gently mix silverbeet, bacon, onion and cheese mixture until combined. 8. Clean and dry mixing bowl. 9. Add 80g butter to Thermomix bowl and melt 3 minutes/60 degrees/Speed 2.
- Remove filo pastry from packaging and cover with a damp teatowel. Working with one layer of pastry at a time, brush each layer with melted butter and lay into a 23cm springform pan, gently easing the pastry into the pan. Build up as many layers as you like (about 8-10 is ideal).
- Fill springform pan with silverbeet and ricotta mix and gently press down.
- Brush 3 or 4 more layers of filo with butter and place them (in a scrunched-up, messy fashion) on top of the mix. Then, fold up the outer edges of the other pastry and gently press down to seal.
- Place pie into a 180 degree oven (on a baking tray to catch butter drips) for about 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take care when removing from oven, as there will be excess butter.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing springform. Serve warm, or at room temperature, with salad.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Masala chai gut friendly gummies
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Pickled cucumbers (or zucchinis)
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Impossible quiche
- Warm leek and cashew dip
- Spicy sweet potato soup
- Caramel sticky date cookies
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream