- 50 g red lentils, dried
- 1 red onion, cut into half (approx. 190g)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled, cut in 5cm pieces
- 3-4 teaspoons cajun spice, (see tips)
- 600 g water
- 200 g tomato passata, (or fresh or canned tomatoes)
- 250 g sour cream
- 1 bunch coriander, for garnish
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh in 50g red lentils and mill 5 seconds/Speed 9. Set aside.
- Without washing bowl, chop onion and garlic 3 seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down sides, add oil, then sautee 4 minutes/120 degrees/Speed 1.
- Add sweet potatoes and chop, 10 seconds/Speed 6. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of Cajun spice mix (see tips for Cookidoo recipe link), plus water, tomato and reserved milled lentils. Cook 20 minutes/100 degrees/Speed 2.
- Add 150g sour cream, reserving the rest for drizzling. Then blend 1 minute/Speed 8 (ingrease speed gradually).
Serve garnished with coriander leaves and a drizzle of sour cream.
If you happen to have some leftover pulled pork (see tips for Cookidoo recipe link), drop a little on top with the coriander.
Spicy sweet potato soup
For this recipe I used 3-4 teaspoons of Cajun spice rub, taken from this recipe: https://cookidoo.com.au/recipes/recipe/en-AU/r91341
For the pulled pork, I used: https://cookidoo.com.au/recipes/recipe/en-AU/r504833
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Warm leek and cashew dip
- Caramel sticky date cookies
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Beef fajitas
- Grape jelly
- Balsamic fig and apple chutney
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Apple and sage sauce
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta